16/09/2012

WE GONNA ROCK DOWN TO ELECTRIC AVENUE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=unAwvpw8RqI

While striving for my goal to check every market in London I was at Brixton market today.
It was a sunny Saturday and the ways were full of people. There was a huge range of fresh fruits and vegetables, in addition nearly everything you need for household. I bought some crockery because you don't get it in the hall of residence.
I liked the atmosphere with black and reggae music everywhere and good-humoured Afro-Americans. But there was one woman who seemed drunk and spoiled for a fight. I became scared and left. :(

Electric avenue which is now part of the street market was built in the 1880s and was one of the first streets to have electric light. (Wikipedia)


My paradise




P.S. I found Aldi and Lidl here! :)

No comments: