14/09/2012

DOC MARTENS ON THEIR FEET

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CyaEEYeR7w

The last two days I have been to various markets. I enjoy roaming between the booths and searching for little treasures. These markets belong to what I love to do in London.

The day before yesterday I went to Camden Market with lots of my housemates. There are many shops for clothes and tourist stuff, many of them repeat. What I liked were the patchwork blankets from India, what I didn't like was a big shop called Cyberdog. :)


Camden Market
Dr. Martens, the latest craze over here.


After that we went to a club called Proud Camden. We danced a bit but mainly chatted. It is hard for me to understand the different accents, always very fast spoken. I hope I will get it soon and have talks without hard concentrating. :) By the way, sorry for the mistakes I do in writing!

While I study Graphic Design, the others do Drawing, Painting, Photography, Sculpture, Illustration, Fine Art, Interior Design, Costume Design and many more. This is very inspirational.



Yesterday I took the tube to Bank station. I walked between many huge buildings to Leadenhall Market. I did not find nice things to buy there, I just passed several restaurants and cafés. The architecture is beautiful though!

Higher, higher!
Leadenhall market
This optician was a film location for Harry Potter I before: The entrance to The Leaky Cauldron.


I walked further north to Petticoat Lane Market (boring clothes, delicious food) and Old Spitalfields Market which was nearly the same like on Sunday when I first visited this place: some nice clothes, bits and pieces.

My goal was Shoreditch, a district that is known to be very creative. Well, besides the main roads I found many small shops that sell art books, fashion and furniture of young London based designers. Above all I saw great street art.

Delicious coffee and brownie at the lovely café Leila's Shop
shop window


In the evening I met the others to visit Whitechapel Gallery. We went to an exhibition that showcased brand new work being made in London in 2012.

Before going back to the accommodation we grabbed bagels at the famous Beigel Bake. I met two German girls that are here to do the Bachelor and it was strange to talk German again!


No comments: