04/12/2012

Unit 5 2/3

In Unit 5, all the lectures are finished now. We are starting to research and writing our essay about one topic we were able to choose. Mine is Manufacture & Sustainability.
I was always interested in this but want to go further and think about it as a graphic designer. I am going to analyse logos for organic, recycling, etc. certifications.
I have a very nice and motivated tutor. Fashion designer Orsola de Castro makes beautiful clothes, only  out of fabric from other companies' waste! klick here and here

My life in London made me even more aware about recycling. In the beginning I was just trying to save money, which is also one of the main topics when I talk to other students. Now I am realising how nice it is to use things again instead of throwing them away ("upcycling"). They tell a personal story and look more interesting than random new stuff from shops.

Some of my room decoration which was made without spending any pence:

 



No comments: