24/11/2012

Unit 6 6/11: Typography Appetizers III

The last task for this project was to make a modular typeface. This means to create a font only out of previously built shapes/modules.
I decided to use a quarter circle and an extended version of it:

These are only two modules, and sometimes it was quite hard to make readable letters out of it. I am pretty happy with my work so far, but want to improve some letters and create also the higher case and more symbols. After finishing the design in Illustrator, everything is going to be transferred in Fontlab and exported as an OpenType font.


Thanks to Nazareno for this project which was catching and inspiring.
I learned loads of important basics about type. To have a digitalised font that I can just use to type anything is amazing! :)



No comments: