01/11/2012

For dancers

My London experiences in one of my hobbies.


I am not a big fan of ballroom dancing but I am open-minded for new dance styles.
So I learned some things in Swing Dance! The music, the 40s fashion, the friendly people, all together is so much fun! It is not a serious complicated dance, just positive and funny, danced in sneakers! *thumbs up*

This was one of the basics I learned from the two guys:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rv7dzslZFuw&feature=youtube_gdata_player





Because I like contemporary ballet I decided to watch a show in Royal Opera House. I saw the fantastic show Crossing Points by Phoenix Dance Theatre with four different choreographies and stunning effects. Here you can see some excerpts of the show (until 1:32).
The music was also very well selected, two of my favourite songs:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DwHoh2vNdiA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GkkJCSduFS0&feature=relmfu

Royal Opera House

inspiring





Colour Dance was a workshop, not appendant to uni. It was not actually a dance workshop, but while dressed in one particular colour, everybody moved through the room and thought about how he/she feels with this colour. We learned about the meanings of chakra colours which was very interesting.

Picture from 
http://www.die-bachbluetenpraxis.at/c/mid,1311,Ausbildungen_auf_einen_Blick/
termin,28,Chakrenarbeit_mit_Bachblueten_Aromaoelen_Edelsteinen_Farben_und_Co./


What I will never forget was a fascinating experiment. Whoever wanted, lied on the floor and closed his/her eyes. Then all the people lifted him/her up, moved some steps through the room and layed him/her safely down again.


I was red (more or less)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Larissa,
it's not possible to look the dancer viedeos in Germany, but I will see it, when I visited you.In reality!
Mum

Larissa said...

I'm sorry, maybe you find something when you search for PHOENIX DANCE THEATRE on youtube. And yes, we will go there, because it is much more impressive in real!