26/10/2012

Unit 5 1/3 & Unit 6 1/11

Basically I have two Units. Unit 5 makes the theoretical part where we listen to loads of talks and are going to write an essay about "The Expanded Designer" (key question: "What role should design play in the 21st century?"). In contrast to theoretical courses in Darmstadt it has a good and applied connection to the studies in general and our second course, Unit 6.
Its subject for this year is typography, and we learn a lot about the basics in typeface and book design.

For me classes here are very intense and at the moment I spend more time with working than exploring the city. However I enjoy the tasks and learn a lot, especially I can fill some gaps whose contents I was not taught in Darmstadt.


One of the talks of Unit 5

Also I take part in English class which is held in this nice room!

Our cool weekly film screening! Organised by Marina and Sebastian

No comments: